The Contract Specialist II functions in a junior capacity. Supports acquisition/contracting staff by providing entry-level support for the entire acquisition life-cycle.
- Support with acquisition planning.
- Market research
- Recommending procurement strategy
- Acquisition document development
- Cost/price estimates, quality assurance surveillance plans, and
- Statements of work, synopses, solicitations, and price negotiations
- Contract closeout assistance
- Prepare and edit contracts between the company and potential clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- At least 1 year of legal experience with contract language, budget development and negotiations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers/vendors to meet project-specific goals
- Interacts with the site, clients and other functional areas as secondary project contact for contracting issues and questions
- Outstanding negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to resolve client complaints and concerns.
This position is for full-time employment. With a potential start date of October 28th.
All hires will be on a 90-day probation period, after the 90 days we will hire them specifically for this one opportunity which has 1 base year plus 4 option years. Candidates will work a 40- hour week with a standard day from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm with standard government holidays.