The Budget Analyst II reviews expenditures and prepares operating budgets for various departments to ensure conformance to budgetary limits. Analyzes the financial records of the organization to determine the resources available. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Plans and assists with the organization's budget, and forecasts future financial needs. Has working knowledge of procedures, practices, and concepts within the budgetary process. Able to perform tasks with limited instruction. May get exposure to some complex tasks within their job functions and direct some facets of their work. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Detailed analytical abilities
- Excellent documentation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Evaluating budget proposals and funding requests.
- Collaborating with project managers to develop a budget.
- Conducting cost-benefit analyses to determine value.
- Approving or rejecting funding requests.
- Determining whether budget proposals are in compliance with regulations.
- Defending budget recommendations against management.
- Developing a final budgetary agreement with management.
- Monitoring spending to ensure it remains within budget.
- Estimating and forecasting future financial needs.
- Two to five years of experience in the field, or in a related area.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Washington, DC
Open Positions: 1
This position is for full-time employment in Washington, D.C. With a potential start date of October 28th. All hires will be on a 90-day probation period, after the 90 days we will hire them specifically for this one opportunity which has 1 base year plus 4 option years. Candidates will work a 40- hour week with a standard day from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm with standard government holidays.