The Budget Analyst I reviews expenditures and prepares operating budgets for various departments to ensure conformance to budgetary limits. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Detailed analytical abilities
- Excellent documentation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Evaluating budget proposals and funding requests.
- Collaborating with project managers to develop a budget.
- Conducting cost-benefit analyses to determine value.
- Approving or rejecting funding requests.
- Determining whether budget proposals are in compliance with regulations.
- Defending budget recommendations against management.
- Developing a final budgetary agreement with management.
- Monitoring spending to ensure it remains within budget.
- Estimating and forecasting future financial needs.
- Two years of experience in the field, or in a related area
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Washington, DC
Open Positions: 1
This position is for full-time employment in Washington, D.C. With a potential start date of October 28th. All hires will be on a 90-day probation period, after the 90 days we will hire them specifically for this one opportunity which has 1 base year plus 4 option years. Candidates will work a 40- hour week with a standard day from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm with standard government holidays.